We, the Artmaison Room 1844 Limited, whose undertakings include Artmaison Room 1844 Limited’s parent company located in London and its affiliated companies, (hereinafter “Artmaison 1844”, “we”, “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy while continuously improving the services we offer you.
2. THE COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY CHOPARD
We may collect personal information about you (as an identified natural person) or which allows us to identify you (hereinafter your “Personal Data”) in various ways and circumstances, including:
– when you visit any of our Artmaison 1844 Platforms, particularly when your register on our websites or fill out our Contact Us Form;
– when you visit our boutiques, points of sale or offices;
– when you purchase a Artmaison 1844 product or request customer service;
– when you interact with us via email or telephone;
– when you fill out any forms in our boutiques, customer service centres or during Artmaison 1844 events, including the Client Form (printed or electronic);
– through some of our commercial and advertising partners (always with your explicit consent).
2.2 What kind of Personal Data do we collect?
Depending on the purpose and the way you interact with us, we may collect information (that may constitute Personal Data) which you actively give us, such as:
– information about your identity (first name, surname, gender, date of birth, nationality);
– contact information (mailing address, email address and telephone number);
– information about your civil status (title) ;
– information about purchases and payments(credit card information and information required by anti-money laundering laws);
– other personal information, including information regarding your preferences and personal and/or professional interests, such as date of birth, marital status, gender, nationality, demographics, and experiences with our products and contact preferences, your professional situation (professional title, company/employer, professional contact details), your interests (sports, leisure) and your lifestyle;
– customer service information (such as customer service requests, comments, feedback, complaints and repair history);
-information concerning your application (education, training and professional experience).
We may also collect other types of information (that may constitute Personal Data) by automated means, or indirectly from you or from third-parties websites or social networks such as:
– images taken through our video surveillance system in Artmaison 1844 boutiques, points of sale or offices
– information that you share publicly on social networks as part of your interaction or not with Artmaison 1844.
2.3 On which ground(s) do we collect your Personal Data?
We guarantee that we process your Personal Data only if and to the extent that at least one of the following legal provisions applies:
– You have given us explicit consent to process certain Personal Data of yours for one or more specific purposes (e.g. to use our Artmaison 1844 websites, to receive newsletters, to be contacted through the “Contact Us” form);
– Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract (related to your purchase, repair order or other services) or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into such a contract;
– Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
– Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests that we pursue (e.g. security purposes.
3. THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY CHOPARD
3.1 For what purposes do we use your Personal Data?
a) Marketing and promotional purposes:
– Sending you personal invitations to Artmaison 1844 events ;
– Sending you company communications including content and news about the Artmaison 1844 world (e.g. the opening of new boutiques) and marketing communications (advertising offers including custom audiences on social media, gifts and catalogues) adapted to your interests and personal preferences ;
-Sending you the Artmaison 1844 e-newsletter so that you will be the first to know about our creations, events, initiatives and personalised services adapted to your interests and personal preferences;
Targeted advertising: In order to adapt our communications and advertising offers to your interests and personal preferences and manage the effectiveness of our marketing strategy, we use tools, technologies and services from third parties such as advertising agencies and analytical tool providers.
We can then create a summary of your preferences based on information that you have provided us with as well as your purchase history.
We can also create custom audiences (comprised of people who filled in the Client Form, visited our website or connected to the Artmaison 1844 Platforms) on platforms used by third-party applications and/or social networks (Google, Facebook, Instagram) through cookies or by converting your email address (as well as other information communicated in our Client Form) into a unique value (anonymised) that can be matched by third-party applications and/or social networks with a user on their platform. This process is used to post targeted advertising of our products and services, intended for you and depending on your interests and personal preferences, on these platforms.
You can choose to not receive these types of advertisements by accessing the cookie control tool and de-selecting the category “cookies for a targeted advertisement”. However, we do not control third-party targeting technologies even if they are associated with the Artmaison 1844 Platforms or our advertisements. We suggest that you consult the general use terms and conditions, usage policies, privacy policies and other practices of the third-party applications and social networks with regards to the collection, storage and sharing of your Personal Data.
B) Business purposes :
– Processing your orders, purchases and deliveries;
– Providing you with customer service.
c) Support purposes :
– Providing you with information about our Artmaison 1844 Platforms, products and services;
– Answering your requests;
– Managing, maintaining and optimizing our Artmaison 1844 Platforms, providing support and security services.
d) Legal purposes :
– Preventing fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities and guaranteeing the safety and security of our Artmaison 1844 platforms, boutiques and offices;
– Complying with our billing and accounting requirements and other legal or regulatory obligations (e.g. anti-money laundering obligations).
3.2 How long is your Personal Data stored?
Unless required by law or because of security imperative for another time period, we may store or otherwise process your Personal Data as long as it is necessary to satisfy the purposes described hereinabove and insofar as you do not withdraw your consent for its processing (either for one or several purposes) nor exercise your right to be forgotten before the expiration of any of these time periods (by any of the means described below under the “How can you contact us?” section). Your Personal Data will be stored in a manner compatible with legal obligations, available technology and cost of implementation.
3.3 Do we share your Personal Data with third parties? If so, with whom?
We may only share your Personal Data within the Room 1844 Group and with third parties in the few following cases:
– Service providers to support us in our business operations (e.g. to deliver products, allow payment authorization, for the organisation of events or to send our Room 1844 e-newsletter, to support, manage and maintain our Artmaison 1844 Platforms, mitigate risk, help prevent fraud and promote trust and safety)
– Third parties, courts or regulators or any other third parties if it is required by law or in connection with a legal claim or proceeding or to combat fraud
We expect all these third parties to provide necessary guarantees of confidentiality and security and to take appropriate organizational and technical measures in compliance with the applicable laws. Our service providers may only process the Personal Data we share with them according to and within the limits of our instructions.
3.4 Do we transfer your Personal Data outside Switzerland or European Union?
When we share your Personal Data under the circumstances described hereinabove, we may transfer it to a destination outside Switzerland or the European Union. In any case, such transfers will be only executed if the competent authorities have confirmed the adequacy of the country’s level of protection or if we can offer you other appropriate safeguards. You can obtain additional information on the appropriate safeguards by contacting us (see the section “How can you contact us?” below).
4.1 What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data?
– The right of access: You have the right to know what Personal Data has been collected about you and how such Personal Data has been processed.
– The right to rectification: You have the right to request changes to inaccurate Personal Data.
– The right to object: You may declare that you do not want your Personal Data processed (in whole or in part) at any time.
– The right to be forgotten: You may exercise this right particularly when you no longer consent to the processing of your Personal Data. You have the right to withdraw your consent anytime (by any of the means described below under the “How can you contact us?” section). The right to be forgotten is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
– The right to restrict processing: You have the right to limit the processing of your Personal Data, i.e. limit the way we use your Personal Data. This is an alternative to exercising your right to be forgotten. This right is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
– The right to be informed: You have the right to obtain any and all information regarding the processing of your Personal Data that is clear, correct, comprehensive and easy to access.
– The right to data portability: You have the right to transfer (or to ask for the transfer of) your Personal Data from one electronic processing system to another electronic processing system.
– The right in relation to automated decision making or profiling You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, such as profiling.
– The right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge any complaint that you may have with a supervisory authority.
These rights may be subject to exceptions or limitations (e.g. when your Personal Data have been processed for security purposes or stored for legal or contractual obligations) and must account for available technology and the cost of implementation.
In certain cases, we will need to verify your identity before processing a request you may have based on the above-mentioned rights.
4.2 To whom should you address any request about your Personal Data?
All Personal Data collected by Artmaison 1844 is controlled by us. As a controller, we determine the purposes and means of the processing of your Personal Data.
4.3 How can you contact us?
– Through the “Contact Us” form (www.chopard.com/intl/contact-us)
– By writing to the Artmaison 1844 Data Protection Office either by email (email@example.com)
– By signing the consent withdrawal in the Client Form (only to withdraw your consent).
4.4 How do we guarantee the security of your Personal Data?
We use the appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any Personal Data we process from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Nevertheless, even if we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit on our Artmaison 1844 Platforms when transferred through the Internet on unsecured networks.
4.5 How do we guarantee the protection of your Personal Data if you are under 16 ?
Note to children under 16 : We will not knowingly collect or otherwise process (particularly through our Artmaison 1844 Website) any Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please ask one of your parents (or another legal guardian) to register and/or fill out the Client Form for you. Please do not submit any of your Personal Data to us. Should we discover or be informed that we have mistakenly collected your Personal Data, we will immediately delete such information from our records.
Note to parents or other legal guardians: We will not intentionally collect (or otherwise process) any Personal Data from your children if they are under 16. If you are concerned that your child has registered on our Artmaison 1844 Website or submitted any of their Personal Data to us and you wish to delete it, please contact us via the methods set out hereinabove and provide official documents establishing parental or guardian status.